POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : benchmark : Re: benchmark Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: benchmark
From: Warp
Date: 11 Mar 2008 12:06:27
Message: <47d6bc13@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Just rendered a complex scene under 3.7 beta 25 64-bit
> under Vista Ultimate 64-bit under Boot Camp on a Mac Pro, 16 GB, 8-core 3.0
> machine.
> Render Time: 6' 36"

> the same scene on Win XP SP2,  Dell 2.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM:
> 3 hours 6 minutes!

  If my calculations are correct, that means that each core of the first
machine is over 3.5 faster than the processor in the Dell.

  Are you certain all the settings were identical? Maybe those cores *are*
that much faster, but...

  If everything is equal in both cases (including the resulting image),
then rather cool.

--
                                                          - Warp